Your Donations of Time, Talent and Treasure
You are invited to be a part of the Benedictine Sisters of Florida and their ministries. Each of us can be involved by giving of our time, talents and/or treasure. Your participation strengthens us and our ability to serve others. You become part of positively impacting the lives of people who call on us for assistance.
The Church in Rome and local diocese do not subsidize us. The Sisters have always been supported through our job salaries outside of the monastery, donations and grants. As Benedictine women we own and operate our own facilities. We live simply and operate with a balanced budget, carefully stewarding our resources.
Donations are an integral part of what we are able to do and our supporters are Partners with us in that. We pray that the personal commitment made by your giving, enhances your life. For as Saint Frances tells us, “it is in giving that we receive.”
Involvement in a cause for which we are passionate can be life-changing. Not only are your gifts appreciated, but your time and talents are fundamental to making a difference.
Gifts of Time and Talent
There are many facets to running a Benedictine monastery. Your volunteer involvement could be instrumental in our ability to provide a service or fulfill a need. Areas for which you could be of service include:
- Thanksgiving Dinner (provided to the poor and alone) preparation, serving, and delivery to the Home-bound
- Special Events
- Sewing pillow-case dresses for little girls living in 3rd World Countries
- Secretarial and/or Receptionist Assistance
- Reading to and Writing Letters for Elder Sisters
- Helping in our Aquaponics/Hydroponics Garden
- Graphic Design Artwork for flyers/invites, etc.