We stand on the strong shoulders of hundreds of past Benedictine Sisters of Florida. Throughout the decades, reaching out in Prayer and Service to God and His People is a mission carried forward by lives of extraordinary dedication. Ministries as diverse as teaching school to feeding/clothing the desperate have helped others to recover from challenging times and even flourish. Those seeking spiritual guidance need us as well.
Your support of the Annual Fund each year makes you a part of all that we do. And even though those we serve do not know you, your giving represents humankind’s most benevolent impulse. It is how we can address imbalances and inadequacies in the world around us.
Our 2017 End-of-Year Annual Fund campaign is $90,000. These funds are integral to our ability to provide programs and help others.
Gifts and pledges from our friends and supporters directed to Outreach Ministries, Sisters’ HealthCare/Retirement, Education, Vocations and/or Unforeseen needs help us continue to achieve our goals:
- TO BE THERE as a resource for those who need us.
- TO PROVIDE spiritual guidance with the compassion of Christ.
- TO SHARE our monastery home as a center for retreatants who seek guidance and peace from our stressful world.
- TO HELP the elderly, children, the hungry, those with special needs and the abused.
Donate now and feel good about yourself and your philanthropic passion. The goal by December 31st is $90,000!
We can’t carry-out our mission and ministries without you.
A Planned Gift
It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Angels in the Wings Legacy Society is an opportunity for you to leave a legacy to the Benedictine Sisters of Florida and thereby express that which you value. We are pleased to work with your professional advisor as he/she helps you choose the right giving method for your personal circumstances and charitable objectives.
You can create a Legacy Gift in many ways:
- Bequest – an outright gift ($ amount or % of assets) through your will is the easiest legacy gift to create.
- Life Insurance – name the Benedictine Sisters of Florida in a policy you no longer need or purchase a new policy with our institution as beneficiary.
- Pension, 401 (k), IRA – name the Sisters as your beneficiary fully or partially.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – with your gift, you receive tax benefits now and a guaranteed fixed income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – your gift provides immediate tax benefits and a fixed or variable income.
- Charitable Lead Trust – gives you tax savings and provides annual income for the Sisters for a specified time period. The assets then return to you or your heirs.
- Life Estate – a gift of your personal or secondary residence provides tax benefits to you and you retain the right to live on the property for life.
Legacy Society members are recognized for their generous thoughtfulness by the Benedictine Community with the following:
- Annual Dinner of the Angels
- Angels in the Wings Gift
- Annual Acknowledgment in the Angels in the Wings Honor Roll
Contact Faith Pridmore for Angels in the Wings Legacy Society membership information at (352) 588-8320 or email her at email@example.com.
The generous contributions of our friends, oblates and alumnae are often leveraged by their company’s matching gift program. The matching gift maximizes the impact and value of your gift. Companies encourage their employees’ philanthropy by having such programs which also fulfill their role as good corporate neighbors.
Most companies have matching gift forms available in the HR office. Just ask for their form, fill-out your part, sign and send it on to our Advancement Office. We will take care of the rest!
You can remember and/or honor loved ones or deserving individuals through a gift to the Benedictine Sisters of Florida. You may choose to direct your gift to the Annual Fund which helps to sustain the Sisters or have it support a particular ministry and/or program at Holy Name Monastery.
We will send a letter notifying the individual(s) or family of your thoughtfulness.
As with most non-profit organizations, the Benedictine Sisters of Florida has from time to time, the need to conduct a capital campaign for special projects. Our supporters answered the call in 2014 when we built the new Holy Name Monastery and again in 2016 to build an addition. Those who now gather in our home for prayer in the Liturgy of the Hours and the Eucharist are lifted to God by the monastery’s simplicity and tranquility. The natural beauty that surrounds us is restful and conducive to personal reflection.
The monastic community expresses deep gratitude to the many people who supported these projects through their prayers and generous financial support.
The Benedictine Sisters of Florida receive in-kind support from individuals and businesses through sponsorships, gifts of merchandise and products and labor. We are grateful for your commitment to good works.