Non-profit organizations could not do the great work that makes for a better world without the help of volunteers. The Benedictine Sisters of Florida organization is strengthened in its ability to serve others because volunteers give of their time and talent. Positively impacting the lives of those who call on us is a personal commitment that enriches everyone. There is much to be done so get involved today – a few hours, an entire day – whatever works for you – it all makes a difference!
- Thanksgiving Dinner (provided to the poor and alone) preparation, serving, and delivery to the Home-bound
- Special Events
- Sewing pillow-case dresses for little girls living in 3rd World Countries
- Secretarial and/or Receptionist Assistance
- Helping in our Aquaponics/Hydroponics or Flower Garden
Let’s talk about the opportunities! Call our Advancement Office at (352) 588-8443 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Live-in Opportunities
Have you wondered what living in a monastic community would be like? The Benedictine Sisters of Florida’s Volunteer Live-in Program is an opportunity for women who have a desire to experience such a life. By sharing in daily prayer and work for a specified time, volunteers can determine if this is a path on which they would like to continue.
- Single, widowed, or divorced women – 25-50’s and no dependents
- Desire to experience monastic life
- Good health to participate in community living
- Ability to adapt to different types of work and community life
- Financially independent to provide for major personal expenses
Length of Service:
2 weeks to 1 year with the option to renew or extend the arrangement if it is mutually beneficial.
Types of Placement:
- Web page/computer
- Companion to the elderly
- Kitchen Help
- Music and Liturgy
- Reception desk
- Business office/clerical
- Direct Service to the Poor
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Living in the monastery and sharing meals with the Sisters
- Experiencing community and interacting with like-minded women
- Opportunity for daily Eucharist and Liturgy of the Hours
- Orientation to Benedictine Life and Values
- In-service training as needed
- Participation in workshop and educational opportunities
- Spiritual direction if desired
- Designated community recreational activities
Note: If you are discerning a Religious Vocation, volunteering is a great way to see if community living is for you.
We look forward to providing more information, answering any questions you may have, and warmly welcoming you for an initial visit! Contact us at:
Holy Name Monastery
S. Mary David Hydro, OSB
P.O. Box 2450
St. Leo, FL 33574-2450